Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Nope to the Pope!


The tea party, has appointed number of lunatics to run for the Senate in November.
Tea Partier and Christian fundamentalist Christine O'Donnell won the Republican nomination for senator in Delaware. 
Until this win Christine was most famous for faking her educational qualifications and campaigning against masturbation.
Excuse me?
Now I can think of a lot of things worth campaigning for but that’s not one of them. That would be like campaigning against Starbucks. 
I imagine her effort was as successful as George Bush’s massive campaign to promote abstinence in teenagers. That went really well. 
And another thing.
Another one of those loopy, crusty Cardinals in the Vatican said - on the eve of the Pope’s visit to the UK - that the UK is in fact a third world country stuffed with aggressive atheists. (Third world meaning in this context that there appear to be a large number of people there who are not from Anglo-Saxon stock).
To the Vatican an ‘aggressive atheist’  is someone who says - out loud - that he or she is an Atheist. 
Hey - this is me! 
As for Richard Dawkins and people who actually write books and blog about it - we are the equivalent of the Atheist Al Qaeda and should be exterminated. We should be confined somewhere where we can be watched closely so that we do not cause any problems by polluting the internet with our disgusting ideas. 
Meanwhile in the misty ephemeral world that the Pope inhabits - he said on his arrival in the Sceptred Isle - about child abuse:
"These revelations were for me a shock and a great sadness. It is difficult to understand how this perversion of the priestly ministry was possible," he told reporters aboard his plane to Scotland. "How a man who has done this and said this can fall into this perversion is difficult to understand."
He added, "It is also a great sadness that the authorities of the church were not sufficiently vigilant and insufficiently quick and decisive in taking the necessary measures."

Excuse me Mr Pope but you were there and have been since shortly after you we demobilized from the Hitler Youth - and that was a bloody long time ago. 

He also engaged in yet more Badger bashing by warning of "the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the 20th century"

I honestly did not realize I was such a threat to society. I am very quiet, good to my wife, kind to cats and never bash Christians in my blog more than once every week (maybe twice at Easter). 

I am certainly a threat to the German language - but not to anything else. 

This is all too much. I am really thinking of flying to london to participate in the ‘Protest the Pope’ marches.

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps it's just the Republicans showing their true colours, or should I say their extreme right-wing, Christian fundamentalist views. Do you think they're realise they're being taken over from within?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really hoping the GOP implodes on themselves. I don't know what the hell is going to happen come November, but if the Tea Party somehow takes over, do you have a couch I can crash on while petitioning for asylum?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this world really is bonkers!
    and i'm not afraid to say i'm a atheist too - so take that mr pope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am almost to the point of squeezing my eyes shut, putting my fingers in my ears and repeating "LA LA LA I CAN NOT HEAR OR SEE ANYTHING THAT IS HAPPENING LA LA LA..." over and over. It breaks my heart that people don't use their brains and have become christian/republican/cult/robots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie: They do and they are a bit panic stricken - but they let the tea Part run and will pay the price.

    Jessica: I am accepting applications for asylum from any Americans who need to escape to the sanity of Europe.

    angiv: Interestingly the BBC showed every excruciating moment of the Popes visit. We don't count.

    Katie: Save the LA LA - you will need it during the next two months

    ReplyDelete